Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Woke up feeling patriotic!  Happy Election Day 2012!  Election related fact about me: the year I was born President Nixon signed the constitutional amendment that lowered the voting age to 18.  A year later my parents voted for the first time for candidate George McGovern.  He didn't win! Nixon did, good choice Mom and Dad.
I got all the littles to dress in red, white and blue and to pump up their enthusiasm I sang patriotic songs!  (This really pleased the Tween).  My patriotic morning continued with my son's 4th grade play - "Celebrate the Vote" in which he played the part of Frederic Bartholdi, the sculptor who designed the Statue of Liberty.  From there straight to my voting precinct site!  I hope four years from now we look back on this day and are pleased with our nation's choice.  God Bless America!

Here's the Boden Look that inspired my Election Day outfit.


Here's what I wore.


Another option was this ensemble by the oh, so popular and ever imitiable Atlantic-Pacific.
Atlantic-pacific


My ode to her look here.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love your take on the Atlantic-Pacific outfit. I too, have that pinned, but I don't exactly have a red coat.

    lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, I also did a patriotic outfit of red, white and blue today! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete