Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Friend Feast

I now look forward to the Monday before Thanksgiving almost as much as the holiday itself.  For one, it starts a week of vacation for the littles.  We are all so much more pleasant on a Monday when there is no early morning rush out the door for school.  There is time for snuggles and legos and blogs and puzzles.  A relaxed feeling envelopes us all.  The second reason for Monday love is my husband's work friend, Susan, who hosts a feast for friends on the Monday before Turkey Day.  Susan is the hostess I strive to be and her generousity of spirit is something I am thankful for each year. Its not about the food, its the love of God and mankind (and dogs) that permeates this event each year.
So my contribution to the feast, simple though it is, was fun for the littles and I to prepare on Monday.
We have made this treat before - I used this link for the step by step.

 
The finished product with an iced pumpkin loaf.  Susan's new puppy Addison also hosted this year. :)
Here's what I wore to the party.  I am getting a lot of wear out of the 2 new items in this ensemble - python print booties and black stone necklace.
Necklace from Target
Booties from DSW
This outfit was also inspired by a Polyvore board.  This (old) Ann Taylor Loft jacket hasn't seen much wear because it was almost too conservative for me.  With a new perspective from someone else's eye, I got a casual interpretation using pieces from my closet.  
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment